The Green Bay Chess Association was incorporated on October 16, 2000, and is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. Our mission is to teach people, young and old, about the game of chess as a means of improving intellectual abilities, social skills, and the quality of life. The Association cooperates with chess clubs, schools, and other groups and institutions throughout Wisconsin in teaching chess and conducting tournaments.
Our chess club meeting is at St. Joseph’s Church off 13th street in Green Bay, WI, Thursday, 7:00 – 10:00 PM. Our club has a conduct policy in place. We ask that you be respectful of the parents and children of our club. Please use polite language and discuss appropriate topics. The Green Bay Chess Club thanks you for your cooperation.
Current Officers of the Association
- President – Luke Ludwig
- Vice President – Andrew Becker
- Treasurer – Doug Younkle
- Secretary – Tim Bogenschutz
- Members at Large – Jon Prenot and Paul Lubinski
- Exioficio member – Nathaan Schaan
- Webdesigner – Tim Bogenschutz
- Members of the Green Bay Chess Association have conducted the Green Bay Scholastic Chess Championships annually since 1998.
- We have donated over 40 chess sets to 17 schools in Brown County, and are planning more donations in the future.
- We provide educational materials to teachers and parents assisting those who want to start chess clubs in their schools.